Lilypie

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Spectacular Fireworks Display

We went for the live fireworks display on Saturday. And it was a spectacular sight! Breathtaking, amazing, beautiful, spectacular, words fail me. We had seats at the end of the spectator stand. Initially, I thought we could not see much, but it turned out that our seats were directly in front of the water, and the fireworks came out from the water and the surrounding stage area.

It was the first time in my life I ever saw a fireworks display close-up. The fireworks were practically right in front of us! Just a pity I forgot to bring my camera that day, or else I could have taken a few shots! Imagine how the pictures will turn out!

The choreography was very good. It was a pyro-musical, ie the fireworks display would be according to musical accompaniment. The songs were of good repertoire for such an occasion, mostly operatic kind of music. The performance kind of reminds me of the old Musical Fountain at Sentosa, where the laser lights and water move according to music, but of course, the fireworks is much more eye-catching!

When the first spark shot out, it boomed into a big circular shape. I was so captivated that I just sat there with my mouth open and my eyes glued to the display. When the next one came, I had the same expression. I was totally awestruck by the spectacular display that I was hardly paying attention to anything else.

When the fireworks display finally ended after just twenty minutes or so, I applauded. And so did he. It was only then that I noticed he was just as awestruck as me. Needless to say, our eyes started having flickering visions of light, but that subsided after a few minutes.

That is the most wonderful, albeit shortest, performance I have ever seen. From now on I want to catch all the live fireworks display every time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...