Lilypie

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Preparing To Be A Homemaker?

Lately, I seem to be behaving more and more like a housewife. With cooking and baking and grocery shopping and trying to scrimp and save, I will probably be a "yellow-faced woman" long before my time!

What triggered this off was a comment made by my brother the other day when I told my family that I managed to cook my grandmother's special fish. He remarked, "Are you training to be a housewife"? Hmmm.... Obviously my mum is pleased, as she says it is time for me to finally learn how to be a complete woman (as if knowing how to potter some pots and pans around will make any woman more complete. Oh well...)

However, lately I am enjoying cooking more and more. Where I used to be afraid of going near the fire, now I have no qualms even when the hot oil splatter all over my arm. Where I used to dislike buying groceries, now I find myself being like my mum, actually scrutinising the meat and vegetables and choosing the freshest ones available.

Yet I enjoy doing all these. As I have mentioned before, it is the simple things in life that make me happy. These are but mundane tasks, but to me, it gives me no greater pleasure than to cook for people I care about, buying things for them, doing what others will term as domestic chores. Maybe I really shall be a homemaker next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...