Lilypie

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Fifth Evening Of Praise And Worship

The Cathedral choir outdid itself last Sunday. The repertoire of songs were fantastic, and the improvisation and instrumentation a cut above the rest. Incidentally, the choir master is a voice graduate from the Royal Academy of Music in London, and used to be the co-conductor of the Singapore Youth Choir. Impressive portfolio! Makes me yearn all the more to join the choir, after I polish up my voice a bit.

The choir is having a fifth evening of Glorious Praise and Worship this Saturday, so we will be going. This performance is the grand finale of a series of five concerts, and it will be a formal event as there will be ambassadors. It is not only a concert, but also a celebration of the music director's birthday and his half-century dedication to church music, as well as the conferring of the Honorary Doctorate on him for his contribution to local church music scene.

I managed to get two tickets, which is real lucky, as the seats have all been filled. The dress code puts "Shirt and tie", which means I have to wear an evening gown and be rather formally made-up. At times I think I have been really lucky, because if I did not attend the church at that moment, I would never have found this out, nor get the tickets to the performance. I am really looking forward to it, as I believe it will be a very spiritually beautiful experience!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...