Lilypie

Friday, August 31, 2007

Oreo Cookie Baking Workshop

I went for another baking workshop earlier on. It is on Oreo Cookies, and how to use Oreo Cookies to make cakes. We made Oreo Tiramisu Ice-Cream Cake, Oreo Chocolate Truffles and Oreo Chocolate Tart.

The easiest to make is the Oreo Chocolate Truffles. All it needs is melted butter, cream cheese and crushed Oreo cookies, mix them altogether, scoop up a bit at a time and roll into a ball, put it in the freezer, dip the truffles in melted chocolate, put them into cupcake cases, decorate with white chocolate and serve.

The most complicated is the Oreo Tiramisu Ice-Cream Cake. That needs more time as the ice-cream has to be melted, then frozen again. Furthermore, the rum and coffee taste that is so synonymous with Tiramisu has to be blended to perfection. Which is why today's session ended an hour later than originally planned.

But it was an enjoyable session. I get to bake to my heart's content, without using the oven! And I get to prepare Oreo cookies cake. Just a pity there is no recipe for Oreo Cheesecake, one of my favourites! Perhaps one day I should try to source for the recipe, then I can make Oreo Cheesecake as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...