Lilypie

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

An Official Transfer ....

I just had a mighty scare! Our office Administrative Assistant went around giving "Private and Confidential" envelopes to some people, and I happened to be one of those who got it. In my heart, I was wondering if that was the dreaded news, since there are people in the company who cannot wait for me to just leave?

I fumbled while opening the envelope. All I saw was a piece of paper saying I have been transferred with effect from 1 April 2009, and all other terms of employment remains the same. Whew, what a relief! Why the sudden transfer anyway if the job scope is the same? Plus I had no idea of this at all! I did not ask for any transfer whatsoever!

Well, the structure of my company is a bit complicated to explain, in any case I am not supposed to spill confidential information. Let us just say that when I was employed, I was under the main holding company, as I was doing corporate work. Now I have been transferred to the main subsidiary that does all the operations around the world. Which is why it is a bit confusing because if my job scope is the same, why the transfer? Is it really necessary?

At least it is not THE news. Thank goodness for that!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Haha, scary to receive white envelopes these days!

juphelia said...

Yes! Luckily it's not bad news!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...