Lilypie

Saturday, April 18, 2009

My Old Emotional Problem ....

My old problem is back. Right, I have lots of old problems, some not even old since they are also current problems. To be specific, my emotional problem is back, or rather, my problem of being too emotional. I have been pretty calm and collected for the past year and a half already, so I wonder why I am now so emotional again?

The good thing is that at least I can still feel. The bad thing is that I am liable to set myself up for hurts, disappointments and ultra sensitivity again. And that is not a good sign. After several hurts and disappointments from the various aspects in my life, I thought I ought to protect myself better, not to take things so hard or personal, and better able to handle things.

So why was I feeling down yesterday? Feeling out of sorts, insecure, needing assurance, attention and ensuring that history will not repeat itself? It is not healthy to be so emotionally swayed, but for the whole of my life, I have been trying to control my right brain from being so dominant. Looks like I need to refrain and protect myself again!

1 comments:

Richard said...

Control of emotions is not the answer. Seneca, a Stoic (Stoics preached reason over emotion) wrote this in one of his letters:

"There is this difference between ourselves and the other school (the Cynics:rr): our ideal wise man feels his troubles, but overcomes them; their wise man does not even feel them."

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...