Lilypie

Monday, April 20, 2009

Attack Of The Power Office Girls!

I am getting really pissed at certain people in my office. Their latest attack - spying! Of all the photocopiers in my office, on my floor, why must everyone start using the one that happens to be next to me, the one that belongs to our big boss, so only his secretary is entitled to use it?

I have this thing about privacy while I work. I do not like to be disturbed while working. I do not like to be bugged. And I do not like a sudden influx of people in my relatively quiet space, the drumming sound of the photocopier, and have people's heads turned towards my direction and glancing at my computer screen!

Honestly, do people really expect us to be working from the moment we stepped into office and then from the moment we stepped out? So if I am to take a breather by going to the washroom, are they then going to start fiddling around on my computer just to see if I am actually doing work? What else can I be doing? Alright, I tend to multi-task, but essentially when work needs to be done, I really get it done.

I can make a cover of sorts for my desk, but if I do that, then people will suspect all the more that I have something to hide. I do not have anything to hide, but I really do not like people coming by and invading my space like that!

3 comments:

Jess said...

get a privacy screen for your monitor, that way it will be difficult for people to see what's on your screen. also, lock your desktop when you're away from your desk :)

juphelia said...

Ah.. thanks! Will try to source for a privacy screen!

Julie Lim said...

My boss used to have this habit of using my computer when I'm not at my desk. And if my Facebook or Gmail window is up, then die lah!

So I lock my PC whenever I leave my desk, even if it's for a short while.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...