Lilypie

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Seeing One's True Self In Times Of Crisis

I received a note from my close friend who is getting married in October. She is seeking prayers for her fiance and herself as he is going through some struggles in his personal life. So those who are Christians and are reading this, please kindly pray for the couple in question, that they can emerge unscathed and proceed with their wedding smoothly.

I am really touched! She took time off just to accompany him so she would be by his side and he would feel comforted. If it is me, I believe I would do that too. Unfortunately, no one ever did that for me. Just like the last time I was hospitalised, it was my mum and aunt who handled everything, someone who was supposed to come did not even dare to stay and face my mum! Oh well...

But it is from things like these that one find out how true a person is. If you are to be with someone, you take the person as a whole, happy times and sad times. You forgive mistakes and start anew. You do not (or try not to) bear grudges, because if you really feel that you can be with the person for life, then it is really for better for worse, in sickness and in health. You do not run away from problems or disappear, instead you thrash things over and try to resolve together.

Easier said than done, I know, but I hope when the time comes (if I ever have the chance again), this will be the attitude which I will adapt to my life partner, and hopefully he feels the same. Even though I have not had a proper date for like two years, at times I do wish that when I am stressed and tired, there can be a special someone I can talk to and be comforted. When and if I ever decide to go ahead with a lasik, I hope to have someone comforting me all the way, knowing my utmost phobia of surgery and hospitals.

When I am feeling down, I hope to have someone hold me, hug me and tell me everything is alright, everything is well. When I am stressed and tired, we can plan things out together and go away for a trip together. When I am feeling blue, I hope to have someone call me and remember me.

When I am happy, I hope to share my job with someone special. When I get promoted, get straight A's, complete my studies, get my Masters, land my dream job, fulfil my dreams, I hope to have someone there to share my joy and happiness, to support me and be with me as we make our lives very special and moving together towards our goals.

And of course, I will do the same for that someone special too. Just a pity I have not been lucky enough to be chosen by anyone whom I can be his special and he mine. Oh well... back to the waiting game!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...