Lilypie

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Under The Sea ....

I emerged out of my first snorkelling trip unscathed! Initially when I saw how high the water was, I panicked, as I kept thinking I would drown. This was the first time I went so far out to sea! Even when the various times I swam at the beach, I had never gone so far out before.

It was no trouble putting on the fins and mask. However, my life jacket was too big, so when I went into the water, the entire jacket flapped out and I was struggling like a fish out of water. The guy on the boat gave me a smaller jacket (kid's size) and then I went back to sea again.

This time round, I managed to calm down. I calmed down enough to put my head under water and saw all the fish swimming by. I saw the coral under me and some divers around. A pity my camera cannot be used underwater, otherwise I would have gotten some nice pictures!

Was it due to the mask or was the water really murky? According to the divers, the water was not as clean as some other diving spots. But it is amazing to see life under the sea, the corals, the fish. A pity no rays and turtles though.

It makes me want to learn diving, then I can explore the other dive places and see how beautiful the under water world is!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...