Lilypie

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sincerity And Time Management

The “sincerity” of some people is appalling. During the Valentine’s Day gala dinner, I was sitting with a group of people, whom I do not have a good impression of. Which was why after the dinner ended, I went over to my friend’s table and met very nice and warm people. We have been having gatherings almost every month.

On the other hand, no one at my table had initiated a gathering. I wanted to, but there was no response. Then one lady planned a gathering all the way in late May. She sent out an email around mid February, and even followed up with messages to get confirmation, as she wanted to plan her schedule way in advance.

She said she had to study, taking examinations, church activities, family gatherings, thus would prefer to fix a day so she would be able to make it. She pressured everyone into replying. But frankly speaking, from February to May, who would know what would happen right? Besides, how long will a gathering last? Can she or the rest not spare even a Friday or Saturday evening a month?

Recently, she sent out an email saying the gathering is cancelled due to her own commitments. So she was the one who wanted May, and she was the one who wanted people to respond quickly, and now she was the one who called it off! I almost feel like replying with a strongly worded email, but I decided to let it go like that.

The thing is, she is not the only one with commitments. I have a full time job, part time studies, church commitments, family gatherings and other activities too. Yet I find time to do all these simply because I want to. I believe the rest of those whom I have been meeting up with also have their own commitments, yet they too find time to meet up.

So it really boils down to whether one is sincere or not. If you really want to, you will try to find the time. And not wait more than three months before you finally decide to meet up. The world does not revolve around you and your time alone. Which is why I much prefer hanging out with those at my friend’s table!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...