Lilypie

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Attending A Cell Group Meeting

I went for a Christian cell group last night. It was the first time I went for a cell group after going to church for so long. It is a good thing I went actually, because I have to admit that I have backslided a lot for the past year. I start focusing on other things instead of what is most important - religion. Hence, the renewal.

Thus when my friend asked me along for his cell group, I agreed, as I needed to pray for my friend and her husband to be during their difficult period. It was quite an experience. My impression of a cell group is those charismatic kinds where the people do praise and worship and speak in tongues, but the one I attended was not too bad.

There was singing, then sharing, then praying. I swear, the speaker put his hand on me, I kind of felt my hands go wobbly and just had to sit down! It was as if something powerful overwhelmed me, something I had never experienced before, or rather, had not experienced for a very long time! The feeling was like, wow! Whoosh! And I just started crying after that!

Then everyone broke into groups and started praying for everything else, their heart's desires, matters that are closest to their hearts, matters which they really care about. Some prayed for their jobs, some for their personal life, some for their friends. All in all, it was a pretty good experience! I really should start to pay more attention to the religious aspect of my life, after so long!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...