Lilypie

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Wine Packaging ....

My packing is just about done! Last week, I discovered that I no longer have any slippers to wear! At least the slippers I own are not exactly beachwear. Hence I bought a nice pair of thongs last Friday, got them at a good bargain too as they were the last pair so the shop was willing to let them go at a steal. At least now I have a pair of thongs for beach strolling!

Now all I have to figure out is how to pack wine bottles into my luggage. I have quite a lot of wine left over from the party two weeks back, and knowing how my travel companions drink, I am thinking of bringing over one bottle of white wine, one bottle of red wine, the bottle of strawberry wine, as well as cans of beer. In any case, if we cannot finish, I can always give it to my Phuket colleagues for their enjoyment!

So the problem is, how am I going to pack them all in? What my dad did when we brought wine back from kiwi land last year was that, he rolled up the bottles with newspapers, wrapped them up with towels, then put them in my brothers’ suitcase, with all their clothes around the bottles. Needless to say, whatever that could not fit into the suitcase after the wine bottles were all dumped into my suitcase instead! The wine was flown back intact.

My dad is finally coming back this week, before I leave. He has to come back as my mum is going down under on Thursday and I am leaving on Friday, so if he is not around, my other brother will tear the house down. :-p Hopefully I can ask him to help me pack the wine bottles in, and that they are able to last intact until I touch down in my luggage!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...