Lilypie

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Being Stood Up ...

I have known a long time ago that the world is full of odd characters. So nowadays I try to be more tolerant and just live and let live.

That does not mean that when I experience rudeness and uncalled for social behaviour, I take it with a smile. To me, I feel the least one can do is to show the basic courtesy to a fellow human being.

What happened was a couple of weeks back, I was supposed to have a lunch gathering with some people. I specially took a bit of time off and travelled down just to have lunch with them. At the very last minute, they changed their venue.

So I walked across the street and found a table for everyone. Then I was told they were lunching elsewhere and we (my boyfriend and I) were asked to go ahead and they would do lunch another day.

Now would anyone not be irritated in this kind of situation? Worse is that when they were asked why they stood us up, they said someone else wanted to lunch with them and this particular person only wanted to lunch with familiar people, hence because of this person, everyone else stood us up.

When I heard that, I was so pissed! What a rude and weird bunch! How would anyone feel if he / she specially go down for lunch on request and suddenly everyone pulled this kind of stunt and came up with this kind of excuse?

I hope if I was ever asked to another lunch gathering this would not happen again, otherwise never would I go down again! Being stood up twice is more than anyone could take!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

This is indeed a bad experience at being stood up, especially after all the trouble you took just to meet up with them. If it had been me, I would swear never to do lunch with these losers again.

juphelia said...

Yes, irritating right? Don't even have basic courtesy! But I would give another chance, if the same thing happens again then no more! I don't like to be taken for a fool more than once!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...