Lilypie

Monday, May 31, 2010

Sex And The City II

This show never lets me down, as always. Somehow this show draws an appeal, not because of the artistes. In fact, none of the actors and actresses in the show are my favourites. That is not to say they cannot act. Each one acted well and brought out the character.

But it is not the actors and actresses that draw me to the show, as I have mentioned. Yet this is one of my favourite series and the movies are one of my favourite movies (including this latest one).

The greatest appeal of the show is the glamorous setting. It is set in New York City itself, the city of glamour, designer fashion and stylish people. And the fashions. I always wondered where did the four ladies get their clothes? How could they afford it?

One is a writer married to a man who can give her a penthouse as a wedding gift, with a fabulous walk-in wardrobe full of shoes. One is a top notch lawyer. One owns a public relations company. One is a goody-two-shoes whose only dream in life is to have a happy family.

As unlikely as all four are and as different their personalities are, all four are best friends and never let each other down. They are always there for each other no matter what happens. They are all beautiful yet highly successful women in their own right yet at the same time share a common bonding which their men do not get.

And the clothes. Where did they get their threads? I will give anything to be able to carry off their poise, style and sophistication! Imagine me wearing those threads and I am positive I will definitely look much better because wearing those give me a kind of confidence that will let me ooze sex appeal! The right threads definitely speak wonders!

I hope there will be a third movie coming. Meanwhile I will try to source for some of those fine threads worn by the ladies. Hopefully I can get something at a bargain!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...