Lilypie

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Stationary Stationery

In the past with all my school examinations I made sure I was prepared with all the required stationery intact. Pens, pencil, correction pen, eraser, ruler, all were checked and put into my pencil case the night before.

In primary and secondary school, I always made sure I bring along at least three pens as I tend to write a lot, especially for English compositions and Literature essays. Hence I did not want to risk my pens running out of ink.

I remember I used to use up two pens and refilled my mechanical pencil two times a month throughout upper secondary. My mum would buy me a box of pens to last throughout the year but the most they could last was a few months. This is how much I used up.

When I started my higher education, the usage of stationery became more pronounced, especially since I took courses that required lots of writing and analytical essays. Hence I always ensured I have enough pens and the appropriate stationery during any examinations.

In university, to prevent cheating, all pencil cases must be transparent. The invigilator wanted to be able to see instantly whether anyone took any unauthorised materials into the examination hall. But I think this step is not a good way of determining. Afterall, if people want to cheat, they could sneak something in in a less obvious way!

This time round, I did not really prepare much stationery. All I brought in were two pens and a mechanical pencil. I did not even bother whether the pen could write properly so there was once when the ink could not flow smoothly. I did not even bring in any correction pen or tape, and ended up cancelling and striking any wrong word or phrase. What a mess!

From now on, I must ensure all my stationery is intact and working well before I enter any examination hall!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...