Lilypie

Monday, May 24, 2010

Pentecostal ...

Yesterday was Pentecost Sunday, or what the British term "Whitsun". I had to conduct the lesson on Pentecost and the Holy Spirit.

To tell the truth, I never really knew what Pentecost stood for. Nor did I know the significance. In fact, it was only on my way to church that I was told it would be me conducting the lesson. So within five minutes, I had to read up on Pentecost.

Luckily the network was strong, which is quite rare when I am outside. I could access the Internet without a glitch and the loading time was so fast! Amazing! Other times when I had to surf on the go, it was either a weak signal or the page took a long time to load.

When I reached class, I had to explain what Pentecost is. Apparently it occurs the tenth day of the Ascension of Christ, which occured about forty days from Easter. The whole period after Good Friday to Pentecost is when Jesus rose up again and became the Holy Spirit.

Hence Pentecost is when the Holy Spirit comes upon the people and they all go to church to receive the seven spiritual and charismatic gifts. This also explains why some people speak in tongues.

At least now that I have learnt and gotten a better understanding, I realise which are the days of obligation where we must attend mass. One learns something new everyday and I hope the children learnt something too!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Robert said...

I am an editor for Christian.com which is a social network dedicated to the christian community. As I look through your web site I feel a collaboration is at hand. I would be inclined to acknowledge your website offering it to our users as I'm sure our Pentecostal audience would benefit from what your site has to offer. I look forward to your thoughts or questions regarding the matter.

Robert Wright
rev.robertwright@gmail.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...