Lilypie

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

First Choir Practise (Once Again)

Some of you may know I am singing for mass in a church choir. The practices are every Sunday morning but due to my Cathechism classes, I am excused from practise. So every Sunday, I will conduct Cathechism then go on to sing for mass.

Hence I have not had any singing practise for a long time. Last Friday, after a long break, I finally went for a first choir practise. Technically it should not be a "first" choir practice because I have been in the church choir for about a year. But it was the first practise for a performance in July where all the church choirs and cantors would get together to put up a performance.

We would be singing two songs and then another song where we would combine with the other singing groups. The practise went pretty well. I was asked to sing - what else? - the soprano part, which, in terms of church choirs, is not really very high. Real sopranos can easily sing one more octave higher. (Just for information, I sing the descant part for church.)

Come to think of it, I really miss my days at the Lyric Opera. I never knew I could reach such high notes before! Now that I am so out of practise, I wonder if I can still hold a note properly?

The practise lasted for two hours. The songs we will be singing are rather nice! There is even a solo part. I will not mind handling the solo part if I can!

Practices will be every Friday, until nearing the performance. So around the last one or two weeks of June, practices will be more intensive and we have to memorise the songs we are going to sing.

Overall it was a pretty good practice session. I really look forward to performing on stage again, sonething I have not done in a few years!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...