Lilypie

Saturday, May 8, 2010

My New Violin ...

Finally I have gotten myself a violin! Okay, for those of you in the know, you know I play the piano and the electone, and then learnt the recorder during one of my courses in university. But I did dabble with the violin for a period of time, even though I did not officially attend any lessons. But then after that I chose to focus on singing and choir, so I stopped dabbling with the violin.

However I have always been interested in learning how to play the violin. For the past few years, I have been thinking of taking up lessons, but have not found an appropriate teacher. Recently, because my friend is selling away his adult's beginner violin (a pretty good model) at a very good price, complete with bow, casing and cloth, so I figured why not? May as well get one and practice whatever little I know.

So here it is! My new violin, where I can start to play to my heart's content! Although I guess right now, I will only cause noise pollution instead! ;-p

2 comments:

Julie Lim said...

Cool violin!

I used to learn the violin as an adult a couple of years back. But I stopped cause my teacher went to Australia to further his studies.

The one hymn I can play well is "At The Cross Her Station Keeping" :-)

juphelia said...

Hey that's a beautiful song! How I wish I can start playing beautifully too, as my notes are quite jerky. Think its time for lessons already.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...