Lilypie

Sunday, January 1, 2006

Wishes For The New Year

Happy New Year everyone! A new year, a new hope, a new future, with new resolutions. New Years Eve (or New Years Day) and I was stuck at home. One reason was that I was not able to find anyone to attend the Sentosa Countdown Party with me, as my friends are either overseas, spending time with their other halves, attending other parties, or will get claustrophobic in crowded places.

The other reason was that my mum sort of grounded me until I cleaned up my room into a "decent state fit for a girl, and not a boor" in her words. What an age to be grounded, hmph! So I spent the day cleaning up my room, flipping through various female magazines for things to expect in the new year, and essentially lazing around. What a record, spending the last day of the old year by myself doing spring cleaning.

2005 has been a fulfilling year for me, with ups and downs. I passed the audition for the Singapore Lyric Opera. I started performing again, on a bigger scale. Survived a broken relationship (yet again), found new love and lost. Made many more interesting friends, mostly from the chorus group and blogging circle. Grew closer to a few friends whom I have known for a few years yet has never really got to know well. Went on two family trips - Chiang Mai in February and Melbourne-Tasmania in December. Lost and found a few jobs (hopefully that streak will end). Started blogging, after being inspired by a certain friend who is getting to be rather big on the blogosphere.

This year, these are the things I am hoping for (not in order of preference) :

1. World Peace (or to end all wars)

2. More Environmentally-Friendly Products

3. More Animal Rights

4. Creative Zen MP3 (already in the process of getting)

5. LASIK Surgery

6. Get baptised (also in the process)

7. Get more proficient and recognition in my job

8. Hair Colouring (perhaps I will settle for Copper this time, a change from the Macadamia Brown I used last time)

9. Second round of Hair Rebonding (if my unruly curls come back again)

10. Steinway & Sons Grand Piano (will not be able to be fulfilled but no harm dreaming right?)

11. Dance Competition (or at least a mini performance)

12. Able to travel to England (my friend invited me to stay with her and she and her husband will take time off to bring me on a tour round England and Scotland! Yippee!!)

13. Making new friends

14. Meeting up with more fellow bloggers

15. Boyfriend (well.... not that likely, but then in a year, anything can happen)

16. To have my first brother finally back for good (then he can get my youngest brother off my back at last!)

17. Pass my driving test

Hopefully by the end of the next 365 days, I can have at least ten of these fulfilled!

So thence my last post of the year 2005, or first post of the year 2006. Thank you for all your support this half a year or so. You are the ones that gave me the motivation and inspiration to continue writing. Hope you have a wonderful year ahead with all your wishes coming true!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assume everyone has an idea of what I'm talking about.Salaam, Magdalena green bay lasik surgeon

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...