Lilypie

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Pre-Study Stress

I went down to SIM University to collect my course materials for the semester. Can you imagine seven set books, plus one more main study text which I have to buy, ten audio CDs, one assignment booklet and one reference book?

Goodness...... for just one subject and half a year I need to do all these?! I think I am really going to be in way over my head. The worst thing is that the syllabus has been revamped a little, so where in the past there were no examinations, there will be an examination in May or June which will constitute 100%, whereas the other assignments will constitute the other 100%. I am starting to get really stressed.....

The course guide states the chapters and topics to study for the various week. The lectures and tutorial time-tables will be out next week, but we have to officially start self-studying next week. Four chapters for the first week! My friends are not kidding when they told me it is a very heavy-going course.

The assignment questions are already out. There will be three assignments this semester. The first one is due in February, second one in March and the third one in April. The assignments are mainly short essay questions of 400 words or so. How can anyone write an essay with just 400 words? When I used to have to write a 3000-word essay, I was already struggling to keep within the word limit.

The university also gave us a T-shirt together with the materials. The person-in-charge asked us to indicate our sizes. I wanted S but unfortunately they ran out of stock, so I was given M, which fits me like a night gown. Oh well.....

Hopefully all will be well this time. This is the last chance I ever have to score well and prove myself, I do not want to blow this chance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...