Lilypie

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Giving Thanks ....

With a grateful heart. A real heartfelt thanks and appreciation for everyone who is so concerned for me. I really feel so overwhelmed that there are so many people who love me. Unfortunately, although I would really like to satisfy your curiosity, I am afraid I cannot tell my exact situation, at least not in cyberspace.

I do not know who else will have access to my blog, and if I spill the beans, the last thing I want is for someone who knows my family find out what happened and call my mum and ask her. I do not wish for my mum or any of my relatives in the know to be put in an awkward situation, especially not after how they have helped me.

This matter does not involve me alone, but also my family and loved ones. It is for their protection that I do not wish to say what really happened. Thus please respect and understand if I do not tell the entire situation.

All I can say is that I will be having an operation come Monday. I do not deny that I am nervous, upset and practically hyperventilating. This is the first time in my life that I am having an operation and I do not even know if I can survive through this.

I am so scared of needles, knives and anything pointy. Which is why I am still hesitant in going for LASIK, even though I have been so tempted to so many times. Whereas now I have to overcome all my fears and go ahead.

Which is why I have to quit my job. After the operation, I will be out of commission for goodness knows how long. It is unfair if I do not quit, take long leave but have no idea when I will be back. It is more practical if I just resign, then the company can just hire someone else to take over my job.

Speaking of which, two new girls are taking over my job. One just got transferred from the Commercial department, and the other one is newly hired. Yesterday was my last day, and I have finally finished handing over and briefing them.

I must admit I left with sadness in my heart. Finally I got used to the environment and distance, yet now have to move again. Not by choice, but circumstances. Just like the operation is not by choice, but circumstances. If I do not operate, more complications will occur.

I am still upset over the choice of operation. If I have my way, I will not do this, just live through it. But my mum, ever practical, wants me to operate. She says it is for the best. I refused of course.

In the end, the doctor himself said an operation is absolutely necessary, or else it will lead to more problems later on. Thus, I have to concur.

I guess Mummy knows best after all. Although I do not listen to her on most things, in this respect, she is really trying her best to help me and do waht she thinks is best for me and the family. Thus I cannot blame her for what she wants to put me through.

She called my dad and told him my problem, and he asks me if I need him to come back. I will hope to of course, as well as for my brother to come back. But my brother is in the midst of his final examinations, and this is the World Cup season.

So my dad is over at his side monitoring him, lest he gets too distracted and neglect his studies. As a result, they cannot come back for the time being until his papers are all completed.

My dear is even more wonderful and loving than before. He is showing me the utmost support, each time I feel sick, each time when I was in a difficult mood because of my condition, and he asks about me the time when I came back from my checkup. He will even be taking time off to see me at the hospital.

No doubt this is what he should do, but some other guys will just disappear once their girlfriends are in trouble, as they do not wish to be burdened. My exs were like that - no sign of them each time I was sick, yet I was expected to nurse them back to health each time they were sick.

In times like these, one can tell who is really sincere and truly love and care for you. A guy who is willing to stick with a girl and brave through difficulties with her no matter what happens is a real keeper.

Now counting down to Monday. I wonder what the outcome will be?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...