Lilypie

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My Dream Vacations .....

I am getting depressed again, so I decided to focus on things which will get my mind off my depression. So I started to think of the sights on my upcoming Japan trip, as well as to check out the other places I like to go to.

I have travelled quite a fair bit in my short life. Thanks to my parents who like to go travelling, they will normally make it a family trip. Except for the few places which they went themselves without bringing us along, other than that I feel rather lucky to be able to travel.

Most of the time when we travel, we will join tour packages by travel agencies. My parents normally try to get the best out of the smallest amount possible, so in the end, we ended up being on the road most of the time, instead of really enjoying the luxury of travel.

And we always take lesser flights where we have to stopover instead of flying direct. So for a born and bred Singapore citizen, I have never taken Singapore Airlines in my entire life. I have taken other airlines, like Qantas or Emirates. But never Singapore Airlines, and never British Airways, which I also like to sit on.

After experiencing various travel agencies, some which I am happy about and some which I am not, there are certain tour agencies which I think I will go back to and which I will not. However, it is only recently when my mum asked me to plan the Hokkaido trip that I found an agency that really seem to cater to me.

The tours the agency offers are rather comprehensive, and they cover quite a number of major countries in the world. The only gripe my mum has is that the prices are more expensive than other tour agencies, but for me, I feel you pay for the quality.

If you want a good tour package, then I guess one just have to fork out more. And I, for sure, am sticking to this agency henceforth whenever I travel from now on. I am really impressed with the tour packages, as they really cover all the places I want to go to.

Besides the seven-day Fabulous Hokkaido Summer Sensation which we are joining, the agency also offers a nine-day Best of Japan tour where almost all the nice places in Japan (at least in the Kyushu, Shikoku and Honshu islands) are covered.

I would like to also try the tour packages to Cairns / Gold Coast, Canadian Rockies, Da Vinci Code Adventure (finally can get to see the Louvre and Mona Lisa!), Central Europe (my first choice for honeymoon!), Eastern Europe (second choice for honeymoon!), Egypt / Red Sea, New Zealand, Russia and Baltic, Scandinavia, South Africa, Korea, Spain and Portugal, Turkey (two different packages), Hawaii and the United States West Coast, as well as the United States East Coast and Canada.

Whew! So many places left to explore. What is stopping me? Time and money of course! But I will want to go all the places I mentioned in this lifetime, which means I have to keep living, as I do not wish to miss out on any of the beautiful places I want to see.

Now, why does none of the tours offer a trip to Stratford-upon-Avon and the English Channel where William of Normandy first crossed into England in 1066?

4 comments:

imp said...

i usually don't take tour packages. i just grab a lonely planet,surf and book my stuff online and go.

why don't you do your own tour?? then you can tailor it to whatever youi want...instead of having to put up with fellow tourmates for 1 week.

Anonymous said...

I THINK YOU ARE SO FUNNY. GET YOUR SELF BANG UP, KILL YOUR OWN BABY THEN ACT ALL SO POOR THING! GO GET A LIFE!

shakespeareheroine said...

Imp : I did free and easy before, enjoyed it, just like a tour package. There's good and bad. Free and Easy lets u travel at leisure and cover places u like. But package tours are more comprehensive although a bit rushed. I'm fine with either, provided I have the time and money to get away.

Anon : You think you know everything when in fact you don't. Besides, if you've been reading as you sort of imply, I'm depressed cos of my parents, and also cos of my friend, not myself. I have a life, a life where I care for others, and not one where I put others down and assume things under the cloak of anonymity. So who should be the one to get a life? Let the others judge, not us.

Michael Ruth said...

I like your choice. Well, I would like to visit Croatia. So, beautiful and calm place. Anyhow, you shared fabulous post. Keep sharing buddy!
meet and greet at Heathrow
meet and greet at Birmingham

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...