Lilypie

Monday, June 12, 2006

In A Snappy Mood ....

I hate myself lately. I seem to be snapping at others more often. Just when I thought I can finally have my temper under control.

Like a few days back, a guy friend happened to bump into me online, and started pouring out his woes to me. Normally I would lend him a listening ear, but I was not in the mood since I was going to hit the sack soon.

He wanted to talk to me since he said he had some trouble. I felt like telling him how can he be in worse trouble than me? But then again, compared to a lot of people, I cannot compare what I am going through with what they are going through, so I shall not complain. Especially since I am so worried about a certain friend who was recovering, yet now ....

My friend was in some relationship problem (as always). His first girlfriend left him as she finds him too whiny (which I agree!). I have never come across another guy more whiny, even worse than me!

Then he had another girlfriend, but she was the demanding and petty type who wanted everything her way. He kept giving in until he could not take it anymore, so he left her.

Now he is after this girl who does not wish to accept him. He kept telling her that he will be very good to her, he will remain true and loyal, etc, but she says she has no feelings of that type for him. So he asked me why do girls always go according to their feelings?

Of course! Not just girls, even guys! The girl can go ahead and pursue a guy, but if he has no feelings whatsoever towards her, he will also not accept her advances. Same goes for girls. The guy can be so nice and kind to her, but if she does not feel the same way, she will not accept him as well.

I lost my patience with him and told him that if the girl does not like him, then give up, move on with his life, and stop whining that things must go his way all the time. He was quite shocked when I said that.

I was shocked at myself too. Since when have I become someone so mean? In the past I would lend a listening ear, be sensitive to his feelings, and tell him my point of view in a gentler way. Why did I snap at him all of a sudden?

In a way, I was quite disgusted with him. I admit there used to be a period of time when I was like that too. But I have come to realise that it is not the end of the world, especially since there are other bigger issues out there, like life and death.

And this period has been a rather bad timing. On one hand, I am still vexed over my problem, on the other hand, I am so worried about my friend. I guess I am not in the mood to entertain any trivial problems. Alright, may not be trivial to him, but definitely trivial to me in light of what I am worrying about right now.

I have not apologised to him yet. Perhaps I should do so soon, at least to tell him I am sorry, I should not have said what I said and probably hurt him more, and hope there will be no hard feelings.

Meanwhile, another busy week ahead. Wonder what will happen during this week? And why do I have such a strong craving for the McDonald's Fillet O Fish burger right now?

4 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

That bucket of cold water may do wonders to whiny people.

Anonymous said...

I do not agree with you if you say you wanna apologise to him. You did nothing wrong ! So dun need !And if you apologise, than all that you've said to him will be "gone". Let him do some soul searching ! It will only do him good ! And indirectly you are actually helping him...enlightening him ! Leave him alone ! If he's smart, he'll get what you meant and learn something out of your golden advise !

Goy said...

Well, sometimes the straightforward advice ( or reproach) is better because it drives the message across and snaps that person back to reality. Don't worry. It's better to be frank than to sugar-coat everything you say.

shakespeareheroine said...

Ole Wolvie : A pity I dun get to see him personally, otherwise I may just pour the water over his head to cool him down.

Anon : you think so?

Goy : I guess so... although too straight-forward can hurt others too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...