Lilypie

Saturday, June 3, 2006

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveller, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for what the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence;
Two roads diverged in a wood; and I--
I took the one less travelled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Problem is, shall I take the main path, or the one less travelled by?

4 comments:

angie bern said...

hey, from the first time i was led to your blog -- when you had the song, love, me in the background -- till now, it has become increasingly scary how alike we can be in thoughts? hmmm...

i'd say, go for the road less travelled... at least that's what i did... and faced up squarely to whatever it was... albeit a little painful, yet it has made all the difference. i think. =)

case in point about same train of thought -- check this link: http://restlessjourney.livejournal.com/26238.html

sheesh! ;p

gus said...

this is my favorite poem, the one that literally jump started me to start investing.. I have a copy that i hang over my office at work :D

Anonymous_X said...

I believe the author of the poem, Robert Frost meant to encourage people to dare to decide their course of action on their own. And live with the consequence.

And the thing with consequence is like what I wrote once, it would be up to the individual to see it as a mistake or as another road-less-travelled for one's true happiness.

Good luck.

shakespeareheroine said...

Angie : Well.... in my case, it's not an easy decision, because it involves a very big matter.

Gus : Yup, I've always like this poem too. Glad you made the right decision!

Anon_X : I know. I'm always prepared to face the consequence, except in certain issues, it is not just me alone.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...