Lilypie

Monday, June 26, 2006

My Dying Wish ....

Only through death, everything comes to nought. What is the use of money? What is the use of a brilliant career where you work your life away and never get to reap what you sow?

Death takes everything away. Your money cannot be buried with you, and your job will automatically be given to someone else. The company will not even pay you compensation or thank you for your many years of services once you are dead.

How would I like to die? Preferably in the arms of someone I love. Or in my sleep. The most peaceful way to go.

What do I want to do before I die? I want to travel round the world. I want to make sure my parents are comfortably well-off even after they retire (although that is not really for me to worry about). I want to make sure I can have children who outshine me.

And what will my eulogy be like? Who will deliver it? Perhaps my first brother. It will probably be the shortest one in history. The late C____ J______ L____. Rest In Peace. Amen. And I want to be cremated, and my ashes buried with him.

Will I want a funeral service? Will I want to be remembered after death? Will people even remember me after I die? I will want a Catholic funeral service mass. I will want people to remember me the way I was, the cheerful happy-go-lucky one, not the sunken, artifically-made-up corpse in the coffin. And I want my best picture to be displayed.

What sort of wreaths would I like? Preferably not a single one. But flowers on my tomb I would adore. Preferably white lilies. Or red roses. Or orange birds-of-paradise, which unfortunately can only be found in Papua New Guinea nowadays. Or blue forget-me-nots. Or even a big yellow sunflower.

And what would I like on my tomb? A message scribbled by the he-who-loves-me, and the he-whom-I-love.

And that, is my dying wish.

4 comments:

LeeCooper said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LeeCooper said...

Haven't thought about my own funeral but I always feel that death would be a really exciting event - what happens next? we'll definitely know then if there is a God etc..

Before I go, I hope that there'll be little things I'll regret when I look back into my life. Thus, I asked myself if I'll regret it everytime I need to make a decision.

Anyway, hope you're feeling better and enjoy your upcoming holiday!

Ole' Wolvie said...

You're acting morbid ><

shakespeareheroine said...

Leecooper : That's a good strategy you have. Perhaps I should do that too.

Ole Wolvie : Am I? ;-p

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...