Lilypie

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Cleaning Up ....

As if I had not enough spring cleaning to do at the office, I had to clean out my drawer a few days back. Thank goodness I did, otherwise I would not have known just how long I have not cleaned out my drawer!

Can anyone imagine I actually found the booklet for Humanities Scholarship circa 1995, and a whole unopened bag of Lipton tea satchets, expiry date 30 May 2002?! Not only that, I found some notes from law studies, tertiary application package, and the entire teaching application pack! That shows just how long I have not cleaned out that particular drawer!

It was a good thing I ended up cleaning the drawer, as I found some things which made up my life - gifts by friends, parents and ex-colleagues, cards by friends and ex-students, and the most important of all, love letters and cards from someone.

I could not help it. I started reading all the letters and cards again. And I cried. Even though that was my life so long ago, but the power of his words still amazes me. He is one of the few guys I know who can really write. I do not mean write as in just article or blog writing, but intense, emotional writing, which most guys scorn and most girls do.

I still feel so touched by the way he writes. Even though we have moved on, gone our separate ways for so long, those letters still trigger off long-lost memories. It was as if I was living my life again during that period of time, re-living those times, re-enacting the scenes that flickered in front of my eyes.

So I packed them all up again and put them back into the special place in the drawer that will always remain special. As much as I was so tempted to throw all away, those things were a big part of my life, and no matter what happened that period of time remained one of my happiest, most memorable ones.

Although in light of my current life, perhaps I should do some cleaning up of my mind as well? Then I can forget everything and just be happy, or else each time I was reminded of something long ago, I would start feeling melancholic again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...