Lilypie

Friday, March 2, 2007

Narrow-Mindedness?

At times I get really exasperated at how ridiculous some people can be. I do not know whether that is just childishness, or narrow-mindedness, or a spoilt brat, or self-centredness, thinking that the world only consists of themselves and no others. Thus, no one is allowed to be even remotely similar, since everyone is unique.

No doubt everyone is unique and different, but does that mean that no two persons can like the same things or have the same background? Uniqueness only applies to one's character and quirks, but for background, hobbies and interests, there are millions out there who are similar. Does it mean that if I stay in a landed property, no one else is then allowed to stay in one too? Or if I read a certain book, no one else is allowed to read that book? Of course not!

Yet this is just how a certain person feels. It was a group chat with several others, and this person mentioned about going to watch the Phantom, to which I said I will also be going. With that, I got rebutted, asking why did I say I want to go after she mentioned she was going? Erh, because I am going and have already gotten the tickets? Anyway does it matter?

Apparently it does to her. Coincidentally, she stays in a landed property, also have two brothers, was born in the same month as me, and has the same taste in books, movies and music. So she accused me of copying her actions. She said no one else she knows stays in a landed property, and no one likes her type of shows and music. Well, that is the same gripe I have - no one appreciates what I appreciate! She said why did she mention all these then I mentioned? If it was true, I could have mentioned long ago.

I did not mention because I did not see the need to? And I mentioned after that because since she was sharing so I shared too? Is there anything wrong with that? She can check my identity card where my address and birth date is stated. Is she trying to say that I faked my credentials too? And how is it possible for anyone here to fake his / her own identity card in the first place?

What I do not understand is why is she making a big deal out of minor things like that? And why do I somehow meet people like this? It is not the first time already that I have been accused of copying when I was just stating facts and being myself. Maybe I really should brush up on my people skills so that I can actually make and keep friends, instead of being bumped off just like that.

2 comments:

juphelia said...

Good advice indeed! Thanks so much!

Ole' Wolvie said...

The logic...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...