Lilypie

Friday, March 30, 2007

My Angel Of Music ....

I love, no, absolutely adore the Phantom! Tall, dark, handsome.... If you see him without his mask in his real face, he is very very good looking. And what a voice! He is welcome to be my voice teacher any time!

I went to watch "The Phantom of the Opera" last night. It was quite disappointing, the seats I mean, not the show. The show is fantastic! Everything is perfect! The sets, the costumes, the music, the voices.... It is really different watching the movie version and watching the live theatre version. The atmosphere is just different. At the theatre, one can immerse into the play and experience the fullness of the show. At the cinema it is just different.

During the musical, one can actually feel the anguish of the Phantom, how miserable he felt by being spurned, by being looked as a monster because he was deformed, by not being recognised despite being talented. The acting, singing and dancing was so intense and realistic! Those artistes can really sing, dance and act all at the same time! I salute them!!

The seats were disappointing because after the amount I paid for it, I ended up in Circle 3 - the highest section, second last row from the back, right at the side. Which means I can hardly get to see much and I had to sit slightly turned throughout, which was really uncomfortable. The entire theatre was full house though. Which makes me wonder, of so many people who actually went to watch the show, why is it I can never find anyone to even go with me and always had to watch plays and musicals on my own?

Even though this is not the first time I am watching, my heart still goes out to the Phantom. I always wondered why did Christine choose Raoul instead of the Phantom, who loved her so unconditionally except he was embittered due to experiences? After all, if one has always been treated as an outcast and a rogue, always been misunderstood, one will become a bitter person indeed. Whatever it was, the Phantom could never bear to hurt her because he truly loved her.

Which is not to say the Vicomte would hurt her, but then compared to the Phantom, the Vicomte is more of a weakling. Is it due to the fact that the Vicomte Raoul de Chagny was young, rich and handsome, with no deformity anywhere? But I guess it is more because they have known each other since young, and he had always been the one she liked.

To me, I will choose the Phantom anytime. He can be my Angel of Music and sing songs in my head, my mind, my heart, my soul.... anytime, anyday. How I wish I can watch again, but with better seats next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...