Lilypie

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Office Celebrity

I do not know any celebrities personally, unlike my best friend, whose church mate was a sometime actor who acted in a certain local gambling serial few years back, and one of her ex's went as far as the semi-finals in the 1990 Star Search and then became a freelance actor. Except for those chance meetings where I got to see actors and actresses on their family outings, my brushes with celebrities are zero.

However, I have attended the same schools as some artistes here. Maybe it is a coincidence, or perhaps the schools I come from do maintain the reputation of having pretty girls (me not included). In my secondary school alone, those who attended the same school were Supermodel Charmaine Harn, one year my senior, already appearing on covers of magazines while still in school, actress Andrea D'Cruz, a few years my senior, actress Melody Chen, one year my senior, and presenter Cheryl Fox, two years my senior. Then the latest Campus Superstar winner Theresa, many years my junior. Other schools I attended, there are actresses like Joanne Peh, Michelle Chia, Michelle Chong and Priscelia Chan who also attended the same schools. Despite that, I am never acquainted with any of them.

Now, a celebrity had joined my company. Perhaps she is not considered a celebrity in that way as she never acted, but she was a newscaster and hopped over from Channel News Asia to be our Director of Public Relations. I happened to bump into her on the stairs on her second day of work, and she is gorgeous! Not gorgeous in the typical sense, but she still looks photogenic and well-groomed, just like on television. I look like a raggy piece of junk next to her.

Actually I got to know about her way back when I was still in Primary School. At that moment, she was fresh out of school, and presenting the children's programme Disney On Five (or some name to that effect; anyway it was a Disney and Mickey Mouse show). She hosted the show for a year or two, after that I read that she went to further her studies so "disappeared" for a few years.

The next time I saw her was when I was all grown up, a few years back on television, on Channel News Asia where she was reading the news reports. I remember her name and when I saw her, my first thought was that she looked really different! From the sweet playful girly look to a mature womanly look that oozes with sex appeal. Now why can I not look like this now that I am grown?

I have not spoken to her yet though. But I am looking forward to the chance where I can finally talk to her and tell her how much I enjoyed the programme she hosted and the news she read. Now with the office going to be renovated and internal shuffling, hopefully I can get to at least talk to her for once!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...