Lilypie

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Scanning Away ....

I can finally find some time for a breather, after the very hectic week. It had been such a busy week. All I did was to go to work, go home, rush my assignment, go to work, go home, etc. All I had done at work is scanning. But the scanning is still in the process because there are so many documents to back up, and although I have been staying late the past few days, everything is still not finished! I had been standing at the photocopier the whole day, until my colleague remarked I might as well camp there!

If you think it is so easy to scan, then you are dead wrong! The documents are bound, some with spiral binding, some securely bound. So I have to take out every bit of binding, and because sometimes the binding makes holes in the borders, the paper got stuck. Even though the Xerox machine is powerful, it gets really frustrating and time-consuming when the paper gets stuck and everything has to be re-scanned.

Those documents that are securely bound are more troublesome. I have to photocopy each and every page before putting the pages into the feeder and scanning the documents. At times when the documents are too large (too many pages) to be scanned, I have to split into few parts and re-scan the whole thing. No one can ever imagine just mere scanning of documents need more than a week to finish!

I have to rush for a deadline because my boss wants everything to be cleared before the renovations next Friday, so needless to say, it was one hell of a time trying to finish everything. Due to all these scanning and filing, all my other work had slided. Luckily, almost three quarters of the stack is gone, so by putting in more time and staying later and coming back on Saturdays, the documents should be done by the end of this week. After that, I can start putting them all back into the fire safe. Which means I can seriously start packing next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...