Lilypie

Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Pen "Collection"

Finally I have submitted my essay on the Gladiators and Roman Colosseum. I do not think I will get a very good grade on that, but still, a paper with some content is much better than submitting a blank piece of paper altogether. I just hope I will not flunk too badly as I am really short of grades now.

It was a good thing I cleaned out my drawer the other day, or else I would never be able to find the nice gifts people had given me through the years. Each time when someone gave me something I would unwrap and then put them away carefully so as not to spoil or lose them. However through the years, things started accumulating and I had to re-organise everything all over again.

One of those things I managed to find was my entire pen "collection". Whenever I left any work place or birthday or Christmas comes along, someone or other would give me a pen. Not just any ordinary pen, but classic pens like Paper Mate, Parker, Waterman, Penelli, even Rotring. Thus, I ended up with several Paper Mate, Parker and Penelli ballpoint and roller ball pens, as well as several fountain pens from Parker, Waterman, Penelli and Sheaffer! Those are things I will really want as I write a lot, thus use up pens very fast.

Needless to say, it is the fountain pens which I like the most. Not only because they are old and classical, but also because they look nice and feel even nicer. At first, I was rather bewildered over the fountain pens as I wondered if anyone even uses fountain pens nowadays, but I realise that fountain pens are still popular and in use even in these modern days when anyone can get the less expensive ballpoint pens or felt pens anywhere.

So why the fountain pen? From what I found out, fountain pens are much easier and smoother to write with than ballpoint pens. Fountain pens are still much favoured by the elderly who cannot hold a pen properly, and by professionals for signing important documents as that will be more professional looking.

However, I have yet to figure out how to use a fountain pen. The few I have, Parker Frontier Fountain Pen (in translucent blue) and the Waterman Harmonie Fountain Pen (in black chrome trim) come with their own refillable catridges. The ink is smooth and flowy, and fountain pens really make an ordinary document look professional! Even in writing, be it a diary or article, the feel is just different when using a normal ballpoint pen and a fountain pen!

But the Sheaffer Agio Angle Brushed 22K Gold Plate Fountain Pen and the Penelli Pen comes with a converter for ink refill. Since I do not have any pots of ink, I have yet to start using the pens. Just when I was fretting to figure out how to use, I came across this website where I could order the entire fountain pen set consisting of refillable catridges, ink pots, blotter, and a guide to using fountain pens! Imagine that! It will be just like the good old days where fountain pens are the pens to write with!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...