Lilypie

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Working With Boy Scouts

My office will be undergoing renovation in a few weeks' time, which means I will have a place of my own very soon, and will no longer sit in the store room! The past few days, everyone has been busy packing, sorting, shredding, tearing, etc, with the help of boy scouts from various secondary schools to commemorate Scouts Week.

So I have been sharing the room with a few boys while they help in arranging, filing, categorising and boxing amidst vibrant chatters. Those boys really know what is team work. Everyone worked together and helped out each other and got the job done in the shortest time possible. No wonder my mum wanted my brothers to join Scouts, as the group's mission of community service and voluntary work is real good! Unfortunately, in my brothers' school, only the best in academics and physical education was able to get selected to be in the Scouts team, and my brothers were nowhere near the calibre. :-(

On a side note, I finally had my name cards printed! First time in my life, after working for years and several companies, my boss gave me the go-ahead to have my own name cards printed. Perhaps it is nothing to many people, but to me, I feel it means I have established myself in some way, and for that, I feel a sense of pride and achievement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...