Lilypie

Thursday, March 1, 2007

What A House!

I just came back from a company gathering at the chief's place. I was struck speechless at the house. People have been telling me that my house is big (which I never once thought so, just a small humble abode), but that house alone is a mansion on a hill top! My house probably takes up only a tenth or even less of the land area!

The biggest house I have seen is my relative's place (the one who owns a listed company), three storeys with a big garden, swimming pool, koi pond, patio and a driveway big enough for nine Jaguars, but even his property is probably only a quarter of the size of my chief's property! His house is literally a hotel! Big, wide, spacious rooms, three storeys, a full-sized Olympic pool (not kidding!), a wide koi pond, and a lawn that is big enough to cater to the whole company for a sit-down dinner. In fact, the lawn is just like a mini restaurant where people can sit down and eat buffets and sing karaoke.

Come to think of it, why on earth would anyone say this island is too small to build landed property, which is why majority has to live in flats, when this house alone is equivalent to about five big houses? But considering who my chief and his wife are, it is no surprise. For those who know exactly which company I am working for, they will know that the couple is very established in their own rights. The chief himself holds several portfolios, including the dean of one of the universities.

His wife is even better. He himself admits that his wife is the more powerful partner. She is an inspiration to women all around - someone with looks, brains, capability, money, power, and married to a wealthy and powerful man, a good wife and mother, yet equally successful at work. She was a former Nominated Member of Parliament as well as former President of one of the feminist groups, yet equally devoted to conservation of the environment and community service. Together those two make a perfect combination.

But only the lucky few gets to be like that. For me, I have to be contented living a simple life, and being like any other normal people.

2 comments:

Ole' Wolvie said...

I consider being content, the best way to live.

I would not want her style of life, so I would not consider her lucky. But is she's doing what she truly likes doing, then I'd consider her lucky.

juphelia said...

I should think she is doing what she likes, since the company and what it deals in was more her vision than her husband's.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...