Lilypie

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Interview Again!

The American Multi National Corporation called me for a face to face interview, so I went for it yesterday. I think everything seemed positive! The one interviewing me is the Asia Pacific Regional Group General Counsel, who heads the Legal, Compliance and Corporate Secretariat teams. She reports directly to the President of the local office, which happens to be the Asia Pacific Regional headquarters.

She said initially she was reluctant to call me up, as after studying my resume, she thought I would be over-qualified (So I was "over-qualified" for a job that will pay more rather than a job that is paying less?!) as she did not expect someone with my qualifications and experience to apply for the job (technically, I did not apply for it, I was headhunted and then just submitted my updated resume). However, after looking through my job scope, she felt it was similar to the kind of work they are doing, so called me in.

After the interview, I was impressed! Alright, companies will always be impressionable, and she did say do not expect a structured system where everything is orderly; in fact many a times, we have to go look for the answers ourselves. Well, my current company is something like that, so it is not too much of a difference to me!

Apparently, the legal team comprises of herself, the new incoming Deputy Group General Counsel, a Legal Counsel (who is only in charge of legal matters, what else?!) and a Group Corporate Secretariat (who is solely in charge of company and board matters), as well as a lawyer based in Greater China to oversee matters at hand.

The Asia Pacific Regional group is in charge of matters in all of Asia except Afghanistan, Myanmar and one other country that we are not allowed to have an emerging market in, and also the Australian and New Zealand regions.

So if I go on board, I will be the Assistant Deputy Group General Counsel as well as Co Corporate Secretariat, handling legal, compliance, company and board matters. Furthermore, they will sponsor me to attend the Professional Programs at the Singapore Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators to become a qualified Chartered Secretariat! Now that is really something!

At the end of the interview, the Group General Counsel said she had one more candidate to interview on Monday, but she said she feels I stand a high chance in getting the job. An hour later, my headhunter called me and said I have passed the first round, so there will be a second round on Monday, which will be a telephone interview, thus asked me to expect a call around 11:30am on Monday morning, as the Human Resource personnel will call me up.

Hmmm... let's see how it goes! As for which company it is, I shall not disclose it unless I really move over!
Blogged with the Flock Browser

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...