Lilypie

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mass Email Migration!

My company had a mass migration of the email servers last night. So when we went into the office this morning, needless to say, our email program and personal folders took a long time to load, more than an hour in fact!

After loading, the program shut down by itself. I had to restart the email program. After that, whatever emails that came in last night and this morning managed to get downloaded, albeit a bit slower than before. However, all my previous emails before the migration were lost!

My inbox read one hundred and fifty mails, all in the span of half a day! Yet, the two thousand seven hundred and fifteen mails which were stored before the migration were gone! I went on a panic attack, because knowing how the company functions, those correspondences would come in handy some day!

I called our system administrators twice, but they were busy running around. Cannot blame them, as there are only two of them in an office of a few hundred (two buildings altogether!). Thus I had to make do with whatever there was, until about noon when one of the guys came and helped me retrieve my old emails.

Luckily everything was in tact – my Inbox, Sent Items, Personal Folders, Archives and those folders which I painstakingly categorized them. Thank goodness for that! If those were gone, I had no idea what I am going to do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...