Lilypie

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My New Idol ....

Facebook is amazing indeed! It lets you know everyone who knows you or knows your friends, or your friends of friends and so on. Recently added to my list of friends are people I will never have imagined, namely a certain Singapore Idol finalist, a “cock talker” and the famous author of a certain book for teenagers!

I cannot believe it! The first one and I stumbled upon each other in the “Singles” application, and both of us indicate “singing” as one of our hobbies. That was how we found each other, even though we have never spoken a single word to each other!

I know the second one himself is on Facebook, because he had indicated the amount of pokes he received from people, which he wrote about in one of his bi-weekly (fortnightly?) articles in the Sunday Lifestyle. I happened to comment on his website, article and his movie, and suddenly, I found myself added to his list.

What really surprises me is that the third one added me to his list! He and the “cock talker” are peers from school, and the former himself is also on one of my schoolmate’s list. She happens to be a friend of his friend. What surprises me even more is that he sent me a message, saying he remembers me since he does not get asked to sign things often, and asked me how I got to know the “cock talker” and my school mate, since they are our mutual friends.

Hats off to this guy! Most people will never bother, they will just add and that is it. But he actually bothers to write to me! Being a litigator in a top law firm, handling major cases, earning big bucks, no time to even take a break, yet he bothers to write a message to someone he only met once!

I am starting to really idolize this guy! Smart, witty, humourous, proficient and articulate, capable, yet humble and friendly, with absolutely no airs about him. Definitely someone with a high IQ and EQ. A rare breed if you ask me. How I wish there are more guys like that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...