Lilypie

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another One Of Those Days!

I woke up on Saturday thinking it would be a good day, but some events left it “one of those days”! First, I got into a minor argument with my first brother who was in one of his moods and finding fault with everyone else.

Then, I was helping out at the booth at my school’s open house. Being a student volunteer / counselor, all I needed to do was to man the booth. I was not supposed to answer any queries regarding the course or administration, as that would be left to the staff there to answer. So there I was, sitting and manning the booth, looking for the staff in charge, when this old man suddenly appeared in front of me and started raising his voice at me for no rhyme or reason.

Before I even knew what happened, he demanded for my name, saying he would lodge a complaint with my manager for poor service! What poor service? Apparently, he sat at the seats just in front of the booth waiting and no one served him.

Erh… we were not supposed to serve anyone, the booth was there for anyone to go up and make enquiries, if one just sat there without going to the booth, how would we know he was there to make any enquiries in the first place?

So he kept shouting, saying there was no service, that he purposely sat there and observed how our respond was like, that he knew top people in the school, that we should not look down on him just because he is an old man wearing a lousy T-shirt, that he work in the government service and he could even take his Masters if he wanted, etc.

So what?! Does he expect someone to go and serve him tea, coffee and cakes and give him a massage before he deems it as good service? If he did not come to the booth, how would anyone know he was there to make enquiries? And so what if he works in the government service? Does he know my background? One request and I could easily get him demoted, if I wanted to.

The worst thing was that he kept insisting I had to apologise to him! He came right in front of me, shouting and screaming for no rhyme or reason, before I even knew what happened, I did not even say anything and he expected an apology?! I have never been so insulted in my life before! I am not saying I am a spoilt brat, but I do not need to take this kind of treatment from anyone! Even if I ought to show him respect because of his age, still, respect is earned and not demanded. I think I am showing him enough respect by not screaming in his face already.

Luckily one of the staff saw what happened and came over. He continued hurling abuse and complaining, demanding for my name, but the staff member told him that I was not a staff and I was not there to answer queries, just to man the booth. He then said must be people like me that was not trained so bring down the whole service standard! I was so fuming mad!

He wants to mess with me? If I am to be really arrogant, I can flash my namecard, job scope and qualifications in front of him! See what he has to say to that! And he thinks we are looking down on him when he is the one looking down on others!

I thought that nasty incident would at least be made up by the Michael Learns to Rock concert that day, but for some reason, I became blind and saw the date wrongly. My stupid brain registered Saturday instead of Friday, so we were one day late for the concert and missed the whole thing!

I was so upset with myself! Besides wasting the tickets, the one time they actually came here for a concert tour, I had to miss it! Now I wonder just when they are coming back again! So heartbreaking! It was really one of those bad days when everything seemed to go wrong!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...