Lilypie

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fun-Packed Long Weekend!

The long weekend was great! One of the best weekends I have had in ages! Friday night I went to watch two good shows - Inglorious Basterds and Whiteout. Saturday I had Belgian Chocolate ice cream at Anderson's of Denmark, then went to the Mezza9 to celebrate a hen night for a good friend from secondary school who is getting married next month.

Sunday night I went to East Coast beach and had a long walk around in the cool night air, something I have not done for a very long time now! Then I walked home from there, also something which I have not done ever since school days!

Age is really catching up, I used to have no qualms walking home from there in the past, but that night I had to keep stopping to catch my breath and take a break! Luckily the night air was cool and comforting and not too hot! All the better since I had very good company, so it made walking home all the more bearable!

Yesterday I went to a friend's place for tea, to celebrate his baby's one month. The baby is so cute and rather well-behaved, just slept throughout while we were partaking in good food and good conversation. The only gripe is that the weather has been so crazy lately, but at least that makes the nights cool and comfortable.

Seems like my life is picking up. I am sure looking forward to even greater days ahead! :-)

3 comments:

Richard said...

Just keep walking. It comes back. Quite quickly, actually.

I hadn't really walked in years. However, since arrving in Madrid, and not having a car, or income, walking is the way to go for me (I can take the bus and metro).

My first long walk was 15km. My legs were very tired the next take. Two days later I did 14km. Then another 15km(I should point out I try to do 5km on the in between days) - and it was a breeze. I was surprised I go back into the rhythm so quickly. Yesterday I did 16km without qualm.

Just keep it up, in about 2 weeks, you should be fine.

juphelia said...

Haha.. I don't mind walking, except the weather here is too hot and humid to really walk. A few steps and we break out in sticky perspiration and becomes uncomfortable. Luckily it is still not too bad at night, especially cooler nights.

I don't mind walking overseas though, at least even during the summer, the weather may be hot but it is not sticky, so walking around is still comfortable.

Hope you have a good time in Madrid!

Richard said...

Well, I am here for probably two years (Sofia is working for the UNWTO).

Madrid is nice because it is not humid.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...