Lilypie

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

In Need Of A Sabbatical

I am tired.... Really really tired. How I wish I can take a sabbatical or a gap year and go travelling around the world. But to do that I must have time and money. If I do take a gap year, I will have lots of time, but no money to fulfil a round the world trip. Unless I do hitchhiking, working at farms, picking fruit, etc, but the opportunity cost for that is too great.

I do not seem to have any inspiration or inclination to write lately. Come to think of it, just what have I been busy with? Ever since I came back from the last CHOICE weekend, suddenly I have been doing more things than ever before. I cannot even remember what I am so busy with!

To recap : CHOICE weekend was during the last weekend of August. I came back on Sunday night. That Monday, I met a friend for dinner. Tuesday was Teacher's Day, and I chilled out after work. Wednesday I met my overseas relatives for the last night before they flew back. Thursday was the second session of the Corporate Governance course.

Friday I went for two movies back to back ("The Time Traveller's Wife" and "The Proposal"). Saturday I helped out at my campus, faced that stupid old man, went for two Novenas, and wanted to go for the Michael Learns to Rock concert, only to realise it was on Friday instead! Sunday I wanted to rest but spent time with my family members instead.

Monday again, I had to go for a meeting for the CHOICE Asean Conference next year. Tuesday I met a new friend for dinner. Wednesday I went for the Prayer Meet. Thursday I was supposed to go for the course but did not feel well so went home earlier. Friday I chilled out. Saturday I was invited for the second follow-up to the last CHOICE retreat. And Sunday, I resumed the church choir and invited my friend to my place to play the piano.

Monday again (yesterday), my mum and I attended a talk on family and financial issues. Tonight I will be going to watch "The Ugly Truth". Is it any wonder why I am feeling tired and burnt out? On one hand, it is good to have an active life, on the other hand, I think I am really getting old that I do not seem to have the energy to run around so much anymore! Now my work has taken a shift so I foresee lots of things thrown my way henceforth. Someone, please, rescue me!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...