Lilypie

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Resolving To Diet

I keep telling myself to watch my diet, and failed. :-( Now it is my own fault if I am at least five kilograms heavier! For instance, after the verbal diarrhoea on Monday, I did not eat that much yesterday. Then earlier on, I was supposed to meet up with friends for satay, and ended up ordering roti prata, satays, roti john, mee goreng, lemon chicken and root beer floats!

We could hardly finish everything! It is not healthy to eat so much at night! Recently I find my clothes have shrunk, or is it because I have expanded? Back to all the slimming treatments and strict dieting again!

3 comments:

Richard said...

As one who has been struggling with his weight over the past few years (not much of a struggle really, just gaining), I realize how difficult it is to slim down.

Eating fewer calories is essential, but, it has to be done in a way that is healthy. Ercercise helps too.

The main problem is changing habits. Being in Spain, makes that a bit easier for me, since I am divorced from most old habits and triggers.

The othe rthing to learn, even if one knows it intellectually, sometimes it is hard to implement, is to not starve oneself. Going a long time wothout food is a recipe for overeating (at least for me). The other is to substitute lower calorie demse foods (watery fruits) instead of carbs and fat (like chips).

Persevere. Remember, weight loss should be no mor ethan 2lbs per weeks and ideally 0.5lb to 1lb. Which translates into 2000 to 4000 calories less per week (or 300 to 600 calories less per day).

As previously mentioned, my favourite exercise is walking. You burn about 0.8 calories per kg per km. So, if you weigh 50kg, you burn 40 calories per km walked (it is pretty much the same if you run).

juphelia said...

I find that the older I get, the more prone to weight gain I become. I'm not sure if its due to lower metabolism, but I used to eat more and weight less, but now no matter how little I eat, I'm prone to put on weight. It's really a wonder how some people can remain slim all their lives no matter how much they eat!

Richard said...

Weight gain occurs as we get older because our metabolism slows down, as well, we also tend to slow down.

Have to learn to consume fewer calories as we get older.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...