Lilypie

Friday, September 18, 2009

Do Our Part To Help The Homeless

My parents left for Nepal on Wednesday, so today they are probably seeing the Himalayas somewhere. I am so glad it is another long weekend, I truly relish the break! Besides the hen night tomorrow and church on Sunday, I plan to do nothing else but chill at home and rest!

Having said that, I have to keep reminding myself I have been very lucky and blessed. Even though my life is not exactly a picture of perfection, but I am luckier than many people already. Hence we need to think about those who are homeless and living in overcrowded areas, with unbearable living conditions.

Just as well World Habitat Day, on the first Monday of October, is having the theme of "Planning Our Urban Future", to raise awareness on the hundreds and hundreds of homeless people around the world. Being born into a comfortable life, many of us take this for granted and neglect the real poor and needy around.

It will be good for all of us more priviledged ones to do our part, either by advocating, educating or donating. Of course it is all good and dandy to contribute in one way or another, but if everyone does a bit, perhaps things will be a bit more bearable for the poor and needy?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...