Lilypie

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Procession Of Mary

For the first time in my life, I went for the Novena Procession of the Virgin Mary on Sunday. After all the months of attending novenas and praying the rosary, it was an eye opener attending the procession. The procession started at six in the evening, but I was told to go early. I reached there before four, but the place was already almost full!

While waiting for the processing, I looked through the booklet and prayed the rosary. Then the procession started. The whole procession plus mass and sermon took about two hours. After that it was hard to get out due to the crowd. There were a lot of people! From inside the church to outside to all the way across the street! Hence, it took me almost another hour before I managed to find my way out.

The procession was good! At least I got to see the kind of devotion people has, that they do believe that their prayers will be answered, that there are really faithful people who adhere to what they believe.

To be frank, for someone who was not born in a Christian family, there are still many questions unanswered. All I can do now is to continue being faithful. I have never prayed so much in my life before, nor been involved in so many religious activities, but I do believe one must have faith for anything to happen.

Hopefully by the time next year's procession comes along, things would have changed on my side!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...