Lilypie

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

An Operatic Evening With Victor / Victoria

Last weekend was a weekend of great music. On Saturday night, I went for an operatic concert, consisting of excerpts from various operas. It is called "An Evening Of Tragic And Romantic Love", presented by the Singapore Lyric Opera, so there was a soprano, mezzo, tenor and baritone, singing various parts from well-loved operas like "Aida", "Carmen" and "Samson and Delilah".

Their voices are stupendous! I have always been singing, but I really really wish I can sing like that! That has always been my wish! I really wonder how do people actually train up their voices to be able to sing this way?

The musical Victor / Victoria on Sunday is just as awesome! It is light-hearted, with pretty controversial themes that I am surprised the musical is open to all to see and not restricted, like Carbaret a few years back.

Again, the singing is good. Of course, those performing in musical theatres are not exactly full-fledged opera singers, but they are more rounded as in they can sing, dance, act all at one time! Since it was set during the jazz age, the dance steps were fantastic! Tap dancing, jazz dancing, the steps were very well-choreographed and all in sync!

It had been two great evenings of superb performances. I cannot wait to watch the next one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...