Lilypie

Friday, November 20, 2009

The One And Only Maksim!

I have found Maksim's songs to be amazing since the first time I heard my friend play his CD. So when I found out he was performing here I bought tickets immediately. Luckily I managed to get discount from a certain card, and we managed to sit around the stall seats in full view of the stage.

Maksim outdid himself again. I love the way his fingers run! I really wish I can play like that! The way he plays the piano is just superb! It is as if his fingers are so light that they can glide along the piano just like that!

The only gripe is that he played mostly classical songs. Well, a concert pianist will play classical songs. what else? But he did not play any of his "specialty" songs, or those that made him famous. What he played, any other concert pianist could have played. I would kind of expect more from him.

Still, it was an awesome performance all the same! There was an encore and he came back and played one final song. This is also the first concert I have been to in a long while, that I did not go on my own.

When I asked if he would mind going to a Maksim concert, he said ok. However, I assumed he knew who Maksim is. It was only before the performance that I realise he has never heard of Maksim, save for the fact that he plays the piano. Hence I was quite taken aback that he was willing to go to a concert that he had no idea whether it would be good or not.

His reply was classic, "Because you want to go, and I know as long as it is something you want, it will definitely be of high quality." Awwww......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...