Lilypie

Monday, November 30, 2009

Buttering Up!

As Julia Child once said, which Julie Powell followed, "one can never have too much butter". I fully agree with this statement! I am a strong advocate of butter. I find food with butter tastes much better - bread, toast, etc. Even food cooked in butter tastes better than food cooked in oil!

Unfortunately, my parents are the practical and healthy kinds, so I grow up not having much butter. We use margarine on bread and cook food in sunflower oil. Hence, whenever there is butter, it is very well-treasured amongst my family members, especially me!

I have always wanted to try using butter to cook something, but since my house is severely lacking of butter, I have no choice but to cook using oil. So when we ran out of oil while cooking breakfast for the participants on Sunday, I suggested butter.

And butter we used. We used butter to cook eggs, sausages, hash browns. We even used butter to spread on bread and toast. And I was right - the food really tastes better using butter as compared to just normal oil!

I am swearing on butter now! If my mum refuses, I will just buy my own butter to do my own cooking! And I am going to use butter to cook and spread on my bread henceforth!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...