Lilypie

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bookworm Deluxe : The 69 Love Notes - Secrets To A Loving And Lasting Relationship

I have not done any book reviews for some time now. Since I have recently made it a point to catch up on all the reading and re-reading, I thought it would be a good idea to chart my progress by reviewing books each time I finish reading one. At least that will keep me going and fulfil my goal!

I thought it would be appropriate to start with a book written by a local author, who also carves a career coaching lovelorn people. Due to my recent change in status, I thought this book would be useful, or serves as a reminder of what to do and what not to do.

I bought this book solely to read the tips on making a relationship work and last. Besides, the author herself is pretty insightful and passionate about what she is doing. She is a beautiful person in her own right, both externally and internally. Her husband is a very lucky man!

In the book, the author gave sixty-nine tips on how to have a loving and lasting relationship. To be honest, the tips are not new to me. In fact, ever since I entered into my very first relationship, I already knew about those tips. The author simply put them into words and described them thoroughly.

Hence, after my own experiences, I can affirm that those tips are really what makes a relationship last. I have known them long ago, but perhaps due to youth, emotions and temper, I often let my emotional outbursts affect what I wanted to communicate, hence the relationship(s) started breaking down.

But after being single for some time, being more in control of my emotions and maturing (I hope), I swear by these tips. In fact, I used to do most of what is mentioned in the book (except the guys were either unreceptive or deemed me unreasonable and picky), and I still do them.

I bought this book, thinking I used to be unreasonable, thinking I did not do a good job the last time round, so I wanted to read the tips and ensure I do a good job this time round. Guess what? I was not unreasonable at all! Nor was I asking too much! Whatever written in the book is actually the very basics to maintain a relationship!

So I am really happy that I did know what to do after all, just perhaps the guys did not know and I did not really communicate well enough? Or that I was just doing things one-sided without much contribution from the guys? Afterall, for a relationship to really work and last, it takes two hands to clap.

So kudos to Kloudiia for her very insightful and entertaining book, with real-life examples and tips that every single looking for love, every couple in love and every married couple can use and benefit from. Hence, I will highly recommend this book to everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...