Lilypie

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Traditional Bread Cafe

Last evening, we happened to stumble upon this shop called The Traditional Bread Cafe, that sells, erh... bread. The interior of the shop is actually a bakery, where shelves upon shelves of soft white bread are being prepared.

The front of the stall is a cafe of sorts that serves toast sets, with eggs. There are buttered toasts, local flavours like otak toasts, curry with bread, pastries, cakes, jams and butter. Since the shop looks so quaint, we decided to go in and eat something.

I ordered a toasted set of four slices of buttered toast, two half-boiled eggs and a cup of milk tea. He had an otak toast with eggs. I also bought two loaves of bread home. Honestly, the toast sets are just normal - nothing to hype about. The only reason I stepped into the shop is because the name sounds interesting and the shop looks cosy and quaint.

Plus it sells my favourite kind of bread - soft white bread! Something which my mum seldom buys because she prefers to buy wholemeal bread, but I prefer soft white bread over any other kind of bread! That and the long French roll which I normally get from Delifrance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...