Lilypie

Monday, November 9, 2009

Cathechist Briefing

Since signing up to be a cathechist, I was waiting to be called. Last week, the coordinator called me for a briefing on the expectations and what is required. We went through what is required, the kind of commitments like AGM, school terms, social nights and thanksgiving parties and masses, as well as how our schedules are like.

In other words, we have to be really involved, and ensure we go for every event. This Ministry is the biggest in my church, and I do feel honoured for being able to serve in it, all for God and the kids.

The coordinators asked questions like why did we want to be a cathechist? What made us think we can be one? What can we contribute? What age did we like? How much can we commit? In short, it was like a job interview, where we were grilled on the most difficult questions!

At the end of the briefing, we were told we seem acceptable, so we were asked to teach Sunday school. Hence, starting January, every Sunday morning, I would be teaching kids of ten to eleven years, and he would be teaching the Confirmation teens, which would be a commitment of three years each round.

I feel so excited about this new challenge! I am sure looking forward to it and hopefully, with God's blessings, I will be able to do well in it and grow in my faith as well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...