Lilypie

Monday, November 30, 2009

In Search Of Cavana

Cavana - the halal version of Carona, the popular chicken rice well-liked by young and old. The chicken rice comes in a set of two chicken wings, or two barbecued wings. I fell in love with it when I first ate it, way back more than ten years back already.

Through the years, whenever I came across a Carona / Cavana stall, I would always go in to eat the chicken rice. However, I have not had the chance to eat it in the past couple of years or so. Perhaps because now I am more attuned to "higher class" stuff, like fine dining and wine and dine. But that does not mean I have forgotten nor stopped appreciating the simple things in life too!

A few months back, I suddenly had the craving to try Carona chicken rice again. Initially, I thought one of the shopping malls near my home still sells it, but when I went there, the stall was no longer there.

Few weeks back, a close friend told me she managed to find one at a shopping mall, very far from my place. Seems that the few outlets they still have are in quite out-of-the-way areas, in the more of the heartlanders neighbourhood mall, rather than major shopping malls. Seems like it is so hard to find the stalls lately, and if I want to eat, I have to travel so far!

But one of the shopping malls happened to be near the retreat centre I went to. So on Friday, my dear and I went to that shopping mall for lunch at the Cavana stall there, before we did our grocery shopping en route to the retreat house.

Besides a very rude counter staff, the chicken rice, fried chicken and barbecued chicken wings still taste the same as before - delicious! I am so glad I finally got my craving satisfied, albeit overdue! Hopefully I will have the opportunity to go there and eat again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...