Lilypie

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Out To Lunch!

Before I shifted office, I was rather apprehensive. Afterall, it was like the other end of the island for me, and transport was inconvenient and food was scarce.

Then on my first day, I found that the building itself was quite strategically placed, so it was not that bad as it was just five minutes to the bus stop just outside the premises and less than ten minutes to the bus stop across the bridge.

The best thing is that I actually have a straight bus from my home! Although it takes an hour and a half (which means I am not able to reach home before seven anymore!), at least the bus would deliver me to the stop outside my place, and after that it is just a five minute walk in.

Alternatively, to save the time, I can take a bus down to the harbour going to Sentosa island, then change to another bus, which goes by a straighter route to my place. That would take less than an hour, depending on traffic conditions. And with the transfer rebates, it cost about the same.

Today, I discovered there are actually lunch time shuttles to nearby places for food! Best part of it is the lunch time shuttles comes every ten minutes or so from before twelve to after one to bring us to stipulated places, and back, for free! The shuttle buses service all the bus stops within the premises. Great deal!

Hence I no longer need to fret over where to lunch. Even if I do not wish to take the lunch time shuttle, it is just a ten minute or so bus ride to around the nearby areas. Thus I now have an abundance of choices for food, and good food at that!

It would be even better to find a colleague who drives, and then we can all drive out for lunch at further areas. Which was what we did on Tuesday - we sat in someone's car and drove all the way to the West Coast (which is not that far apparently) for lunch, passing by my old campus and hostel along the way.

Come to think of it, this place is pretty good!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...